Following a reasonably low carb diet can mean endless eggs for breakfast, which while it seems exciting when you start, can get pretty dull, pretty quickly.
So I have a few more easy options to add to your repertoire.
- Stewed Rhubarb and Greek yoghurt. Rhubarb is very low in carbs and if you stew it for a good 30-45 mins in a small amount of water, some sweetener, a few crushed cardamom pods and a grating of nutmeg gives you a tasty dish that’s easily reheated. I like to top mine with a few pistachio nuts as well.
- Lizi’s Low Sugar Granola and Greek Yoghurt. This is pretty damned easy. I like to add some berries to mine but it depends on your tolerance.
- The Omelette. Stuffed with anything meaty, fishy or cheesy plus some veggies is a great start if you’ve got time to cook.
- The egg muffin. I like to take slices of ham, put them in a muffin tin and then add an egg mixture with various veggies into them. The ham forms the container for your egg mixture and then you bake it for 15-20 mins and you have a nice little mini fritatta encased in it’s own ham case.
- Low carb oatmeal. I quite like this but some people in my household do not! Mix up the following and heat in a pot on the stove-
16g chia seeds
16g golden flax meal
38g finely shredded unsweetened coconut
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
15g Oats ( not instant crappy stuff tho, steel cut)
380ml almond milk
top with Yoghurt.