Just because I haven’t been talking about it, doesn’t mean that it isn’t happening.
We are still getting married, we’ve booked a date and everything. In fact, we’ve done quite a bit :-
- set a date
- the registry office (and possibly even a registrar given that Simon has worked with most of them and has asked one of them to do the wedding. He was quite touched really)
- A venue for the reception (rock and roll!)
- Purchased an amazingly awesome suit for Simon, he looks very hot in it.
- Banned several pairs of shoes for Simon from ever touching his feet, including pale blue snakeskin.
- Created a very popular Pinterest board (for those interested in seeing some inspiration)
- Read a few books for inspiration, which has made us even more interested in going down a more untraditional route.
- Looked at honeymoon options, decided on what we want to do and booked flights!
- Booked a block of hotel rooms in the closest decent hotel for everyone.
- Sent some but not all Save the Date cards
- Commissioned a wedding cake from the amazing Kirsten.
- Booked the caterers for some lovely dinner.
Still to do tho, are quite a lot of things
- Decide on decorations and table designs
- Decide on flowers
- Buy me a dress
- Buy us both some shoes
- Find a band
- Send out invites
- Sort out a wedding website.
- Buy rings
- Find a photographer (we have entered a competition, I really hope we win!)
- Sort out the remainder of our honeymoon.
So, good progress really and most of the boring bits are now done and all we need to do is the fun stuff.
I am really looking forwards to it now, looking forwards to seeing everyone and having a massive family affair plus catching up with loads of my lovely friends.
BTW – if anyone asks I am also not supplying details of what we’re actually doing – everything will be a surprise for people -I’m not going to tell you about my dress, nor about the food, or about the band! It will be a pleasant surprise for everyone when they arrive 🙂